Thanks for the love, everyone.
to view pics from the event just click here
I can already tell you what one of my 2011 highlights will be, and if you have been following along on The Twitter and The Facebook, you know what it is, too. I leave later this week to spend a month in Brazil! I am taking some time to find a little inspiration in the birthplace of Bossa Nova, meeting new people, learning new songs and performing a few shows. (Trust me, I will fit some beach time in there somewhere.) I’ll be splitting my time between Sao Paolo and Rio de Janeiro. I can’t tell you how excited I am to return to Brazil and to play my first ever international shows! Check out the dates on the tour page, including some updated upcoming US dates, and stay tuned right here to The Blog. I’ll be updating it from Brazil to keep you posted on all my adventures down there.
I have also added some new stuff to the website. Recent updates include the brand new Avi Wisnia Webstore where you can buy the new album, Tshirts, kazoos, etc. You can also check the Gallery for new pics, radio interviews, and videos. Poke around, there’s more.
Ok, tchau everyone! I will be thinking about all you East Coasters under the snow while I’m lying on the beach in Rio 😉
2010 was a pretty banner year for Camp Wisnia. Some highlights:
- The Drop of my first feature-length studio album SOMETHING NEW
- My debut music video RABBIT HOLE premiered at Pianos NYC (see: picture), screenings in FL, NJ and PA; honored as Official Selection at Florida Indie Film Jam and Philadelphia Film & Music Festivals
- CD Release Parties in NYC, Philly, DC, Boston, and PJ NJ
- New Website (you’re looking at it)
- New computer (this has changed my life, you have no idea)
- Music Festivals! CMJ, Millenium Music Conference, Cape May Singer-Songwriter Festival, Launch Music Fest, Florida Music Fest, Dewey Beach Music Fest, Seaside Music Fest, Philadelphia Film & Music Fest, SxSW: 6 shows in 4 days
- So much driving! If I was not in at least 3 states in a day, it was a slow day.
- West Coast Tour: LA – San Fran
- Fall East Coast Tour: Boston to DC
- Fancy Shows: The Kennedy Center, Philadelphia Art Museum, Joe’s Pub, Yoshi’s San Francisco, Gracie Mansion private event for Mayor Bloomberg (he was a happier mayor then)
- Wild Shows: Philadelphia Magic Gardens, The Brooklyn Tea Lounge, The Highline Ballroom, Camp Tabu Variety Show, Make Music New York Williamsburgers & Wieners BBQ Block Party: Part IV
- Great press (see: press page) & TV (see: NBC video) & Radio: WFUV (see: interview), Breakthru Radio, WXPN Helen Leicht’s Feature Pick
- Collaboration with Brazilian artist Denise Reis at Caffe Vivaldi (see: live concert video)
- First run editions of AW merch: tshirts, kazoos, and more (see: STORE)
This past year, I’ve shared the stage with wonderful musicians, made great friends, and met incredible people from all over the place who have shown me so much kindness and support. Thank you all for allowing me to do what I love. Let’s top all that in 2011.