October 17, Sat: Ardmore, PA – Melodies Cafe | RSVP & TICKETS
FULL BAND SHOWCASE PERFORMANCE
YOUTUBE PLAYLIST PREMIERE PARTY
celebrating the live concert film Avi Wisnia: Live After 5
So what have y’all been up to?
I myself have been gearing up for the Fall Conference Season, lots of music industry panels and workshops and shmoooozing (as my People say). Of course, music conferences bring with them lots of showcase performances as well, and there will be a big chance for you to see one great show coming up in the New York of City very soon with some very very special guests. In fact, you may have seen that my Brazilian friend, the very talented Denise Reis, is back in town (and country) – and we are planning a little reunion. ON STAGE! There will indeed be stripper poles, but please note: this event is strictly BYOS (Bring Your Own Stripper).
CMJ Music Festival 2012
FULL BAND SHOWCASE PERFORMANCE
YOUTUBE PLAYLIST PREMIERE EVENT
for the live concert film Avi Wisnia: Live After Five
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19
doors open at 6:00pm
featuring Brazilian artist Denise Reis
and Bjorn DelaCruz on violin
Live at R Bar
TIX = $10, available at door
(FREE with Official CMJ Badge)
This is a 21+ event.
RSVP on FACEBOOK = www.facebook.com/events/536139759736433/
More festival information at www.cmj.com
I love this time of year, right before the ball drops, after the mad dash to get everything done before the holidays, while we are still digesting all those cookies and pies. It is a great time to look back on the year that was, to acknowledge our achievements so that we can get ready to look ahead and figure out how we are going to surprise ourselves in the year to come.
Quite a whirlwind year, people! I made it to more places in, and out of, the United States this year than I ever have before. I shared a stage with Ani DiFranco, performed to July 4th fireworks on a rooftop in Brooklyn, got featured on Best Week Ever’s blog, and discovered the Most Fun Street Corner in the World (surprise: it’s in Baltimore). Here are some other highlights of 2011: The Year That Was…
◦ Part 1: Sao Paulo Photos
◦ Part 2: Rio de Janeiro Photos
◦ Denise Reis: Rio de Janeiro, NYC, Philadelphia
◦ Shawn Fogel of Golden Bloom: NYC, Philadelphia
◦ Jennings: NC, MD, DC, TN, GA
◦ ArleneWow!: CT
◦ FWV #1: Shana Tova Lady Gaga
◦ FWV #3: Mumford & Sons MashUp
◦ FWV #5: How To Kazoo: A Kazootorial
◦ FWV #6: Friday I’m In Love – Avi Wisnia & Jennings live
◦ FWV #7: This Is Your Birthday Song
◦ FWV #8: Maoz Tsur
◦ FWV #10: Someone Like You – Adele Cover acoustic
◦ FWV #11: Waiting in Vain – Bob Marley cover
◦ This year I was awarded the OutMusic award for Outstanding Jazz Song of the Year for The Back of Your Hand.
◦ Your votes placed me as a finalist in the summer’s BetaHiFi band competition in Philadelphia.
◦ RightOutTV named Rabbit Hole the Best DIY Video of the Year
◦ Boston’s Glovebox Film Festival awarded Rabbit Hole 2nd Prize for Video Short of the Year
◦ Maoz Tsur – A new single for the holidays; a traditional Hanukkah melody, with a modern jazz spin.
◦ New Arrivals Vol 4 – Proud to be featured on this charitable compilation put out by MPress Records.
A lot of credit must go to Seth Kroll of Fam Jam Productions, director of Rabbit Hole, The Kazootorial and so many other projects we collaborate on. And I am very lucky to be able to make music with Toru Takiguchi, Gil Smuskowitz, Kim Garey, and all the other talented musicians who get stuck in a room/car with me. Of course, none of these things would be possible without YOU! For all the meals I was prepared, all the couches I slept on, all the messages and photos posted, all the doors and arms that were opened for me, I thank you. I have some incredible friends, and I’m so happy to have added to those ranks this year. Your support and encouragement motivates me to be as creative and entertaining as i can be, and I can tell you without a doubt the best is yet to come!
Just you wait, ‘012 is gonna knock your socks off. Sneak a peak at some dates below, it’s only the beginning. Remember to stay up to date with the Blog, Facebook, or Twitter. And to receive the most relevant info to where you live, sign the mailing list. Want me to play in your town? Send any gig suggestions my way, and I’ll do the follow up. Come out and see me some time soon. Bring cookies!
…and a happy new year